Typing Accented Vowels in HTML

Tom Dolack tdolack at UOREGON.EDU
Wed Aug 30 17:56:24 UTC 2006

I like this workaround since copying and pasting the tag into the
html is actually easier if you're working on a laptop with no number
pad, however it has the same drawback as the other workarounds: it
doesn't seem to work properly in Firefox and IE on macs. I'm
beginning to think I shouldn't trust those new PC/Mac commercials.
Perhaps in another few years it will all work seamlessly. At any
rate, this should suffice for classroom use with the proper caveats.
It sure beats going through and making stressed vowels a different
color.
As far as long URLs, there's a convenient site called www.tinyurl.com
where you can enter one of those big long addresses and it will give
you a short one that will fit on on line of an email so there's no
confusion.
That's enough of the computer talk for me for a while, back to
musicals of Bulgakov (really, why not Ilf and Petrov?).

Tom Dolack
Yamada Language Center
University of Oregon