Bespridannitsa

David Powelstock pstock at BRANDEIS.EDU
Thu Aug 31 23:44:35 UTC 2006

Dear SEELANGERs,

I'm look for an English translation of Ostrovskii's Bespridannitsa. I am aware of one,  in Without a dowry & other plays ; translated & edited by Norman Henley.
Does anyone know of any others that I might compare? Opinions of the relative virtues of any given translations would also be most welcome. (I've ordered, but not yet seen Henley's.)

Many thanks,
David

David Powelstock
Asst. Prof. of Russian & East European Literatures
Chair, Program in Russian & East European Studies
Brandeis University
GREA, MS 024
Waltham, MA  02454-9110
781.736.3347 (Office)