Faked placement might have their logic

Vera Beljakova atacama at global.co.za
Fri Feb 3 19:14:51 UTC 2006

Dear Liza Ginsberg,

I'd like to hear your suggestions on-list, especially because I also
teach Russian part-time to South African adults (business men)
who seem never to have had a single grammar lesson in their lives.

I have to devize ways to circumvent grammar teaching.....
But I wish 'crash courses' would be given in high schools and
universities for people like me (heritage/native speakers),
who could always speak grammatically, but would have liked to have better
understood the language structure, and one needs to start at ground level
to understand the building blocks of a language....even for native speakers.

And though I obtained a BA Hons, I have never felt confident
in the written aspect....much like English schoolchildren can speak and read
and write English without knowning grammar.

Vera Beljakova

Powered by MWEB - http://new.mweb.co.za