Orthodox liturgy

Emil Niculescu emil.niculescu at YALE.EDU
Thu Feb 9 12:57:13 UTC 2006

Quoting Giampaolo Gandolfo <gianpaolo.gandolfo at FASTWEBNET.IT>:
Hello,

I would recommend the following:

Averil Cameron, "The Construction of Court Ritual: The Byzantine Book of
Ceremonies, " in Ritual of Royalty: Power and Ceremonial in Traditional
Societies.

Gilbert Dagron, Emperor and Priest: The imperial Office in Byzantium, 2003.

Albert Vogt, Le Livre des ceremonies, Paris 1967

Hans-Joachim Schulz, The Byzantine liturgy: symbolic structure and faith
expression.

Hugh Wybrew, The Orthodox liturgy: the development of the eucharistic
liturgy in
the Byzantine rite.

This is only a short list of great books on the subject.

Best,

Emil Niculescu