Let's google Gogol!

Michael Denner mdenner at STETSON.EDU
Mon Feb 20 22:43:27 UTC 2006

Colleagues,

These tests by Googling a term are a standard practice -- with its own heuristic -- on Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is, say what you will about its reliability, one of the most intriguing (and, I would argue, most important) demonstrations of new technologies and new models of epistemology out there.

Anyway, one of the basic tests that the site uses to determine the validity or authenticity of an article or claim is called the Google Test, and many of the points made (and missed) in this thread are discussed, in detail, here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_test

Best,
mad

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*