Chapaev - anecdotes

John Dunn J.Dunn at SLAVONIC.ARTS.GLA.AC.UK
Thu Jul 6 09:57:05 UTC 2006

According to Leonid Parfenov in his television programme Namedni
(NTV, 19 April 1997) they started to appear in 1968.  He links their
appearance to the 50th anniversary of the original events.

John Dunn.

>Does anyone know when the anecdotes about Chapaev and Petka first
>appeared in the USSR and where to find more information about the
>subject? I am writing an essay about the different aspects of
>Chapaev-reception throughout the last decades in Russia and
>elsewhere (there is some interesting information about Chapaev as a
>prototype for the Greek communists during the Greek Civil war).
>Thanks in advance! Alexandra

John Dunn
School of Modern Languages and Cultures (Slavonic Studies)
University of Glasgow
Hetherington Building
Bute Gardens
Glasgow