ISO Russian movie & music recommendations

Devin Browne dpbrowne at MAC.COM
Fri Jul 14 16:51:12 UTC 2006

Hi all -- Having been out of the Russian loop for about a decade, I'm
looking for recommendations of movies and music I can share with my high
school students.  Current (or fairly current) movies go over better w/ my
students.

Regarding music, I'd love to hear what your take is on current Russian
hip-hop.  I've searched a little on the 'net and, well, I've been a little
disappointed.  Detsl seems like he made a splash a few years ago and is
fairly well produced -- is he still in the mix these days?  Are there any
other hip hop artists in Russia that I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Devin