call for abstract (papers) at AATSEEL Conference

Prof Steven P Hill s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU
Mon Jul 17 03:59:39 UTC 2006

Dear colleagues:

Please consider submitting an abstract for a talk at the annual national
AATSEEL Meeting, scheduled for 12/27 - 12/30/06 in Philadelphia, PA.
(The deadline is Tues., Aug. 1, 2006, to submit an abstract of 2 or 3
paragraphs, which can be submitted by E-Mail.)

If I can find 3 or 4 like-minded individuals, I would like to organize a
panel on the topic of "RUSSIAN AND EAST EUROPEAN EXPATRIATE CINEMA
AND THEATRE," i.e., everybody and every genre from Korda to Konchalovsky,
from Vorkapic to Voskovec,  and from Negri to Negoda.  You name it.  This
was the same "expatriate" theme which we explored in a panel at the 2005
AATSEEEL Conference in Washington DC, and at the 2004 AATSEEL Conference
in Philadelphia.  Let us try to continue it this coming December.

If you would like to submit an abstract (2 or 3 paragraphs) on the "expatriate
cinema and theatre" topic, please contact my E-Mail address as soon as possible:
"S-HILL4 at UIUC.EDU"

Best wishes to all,
Steven P Hill,
University of Illinois.