hyphenation question

Anne Lounsbery anne.lounsbery at NYU.EDU
Tue Jul 18 01:34:00 UTC 2006

Hello Everyone,

Can someone please tell me the rule(s) governing where to hyphenate (for
line breaks in a book) transliterated Russian words?  Specifically I'd like
to know where it's permissible (and where it's not permissible) to hyphenate
the following:

chuvstvitel'no

Godunov

poprishche

Poprishchin

obshchestvo

mnogochislennaia

Thank you!

--A.L.

Anne Lounsbery
Assistant Professor and Director of Graduate Study
Department of Russian and Slavic Studies
New York University
19 University Place, 2nd floor
New York, NY 10003

(212) 998-8674