PowerPoint on "Crime and Punishment"

Inna Caron caron.4 at OSU.EDU
Fri Jul 21 15:19:33 UTC 2006

Dear colleagues,

I am putting together a PP for one of my classes on Crime and
Punishment, mainly highlighting the historical background. One visual
that I am lacking is that of Dmitry Karakozov firing at Alexander II in
Letnii Sad on April 4, 1866. I have a vague memory of seeing either a
drawing, or a painting, or a lithography depicting this event. If anyone
can help with it, I will be most obliged, and happy to share any of my
visuals, or any of the complete PPs for the 19th-century Russian
literature course.

In the order of preference, here is what I am looking for:

1)       A picture of Karakozov's shot in electronic format
2)       A bibliographic reference to the book which contains said
picture, so that I could scan and download it myself
3)       The title of a film that features this event (anything other
than the 1998 TV version starring Patrick Dempsey, which has too many
historical inaccuracies)

Many thanks in advance for any leads.

Inna Caron, OSU