PowerPoint on "Crime and Punishment"

June Farris jpf3 at UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Jul 21 15:56:16 UTC 2006

Dear Professor Caron,

Perhaps one of these sources might help you track down the images you need:

1. Literaturno-memorial'nyi muzei F. M. Dostoevskogo / F. M. Dostoevsky
Literary-Memorial Museum (Sankt-Peterburg). [2002]

The Museum's web site provides a brief history of the museum and its
collection of books, decorative and applied art, photographs, other graphic
material (especially illustrations), posters and other printed materials,
as well as paintings, sculptures and a video library.  There is also
information about the Museum's annual conference "Dostoevskii i mirovaia
kul'tura", and a picture-tour of the various rooms of Dostoevsky's
apartment. [2002]
http://www.md.spb.ru/dost/index.htm  [Russian]
http://www.md.spb.ru/dost/index_e.htm  [English] [2002]

2. Dostoevskaia, A.  Bibliograficheskii ukazatel' sochinenii i proizvedenii
iskusstva, otnosiashchikhsia k zhizni i dieiatel'nosti F. M. Dostoevskago,
sobrannykh v "Muzeie pamiati F. M. Dostoevskago" v Moskovskom istoricheskom
muzeie im. Imperatora Aleksandra III, 1846-1903.  Peterburg: Tip. P. F
Pantelieeva, 1906.  394p.

4,232 citations in a variety of languages to manuscripts, documents,
published articles and books, works of art (portraits, busts, paintings,
musical compositions) and a variety of other artifacts related to
Dostoevsky and his family.

3. Borodulin, R. A.  "Bibliografiia [ekranizatsii proizvedenii
Dostoevskogo],"   in:  Gural'nik, U. A.  Russkaia literatura i sovetskoe
kino: Ekranizatsiia klassicheskoi prozy kak literaturovedcheskaia
problema.  Moskva: Nauka, 1968, pp. 421-424.

Best,
June Farris

At 10:35 AM 7/21/2006, you wrote:
>Inna Caron:
>
> > In the order of preference, here is what I am looking for:
> >
> > 1)       A picture of Karakozov's shot in electronic format
> > 2)       A bibliographic reference to the book which contains said
> > picture, so that I could scan and download it myself
> > 3)       The title of a film that features this event (anything other
> > than the 1998 TV version starring Patrick Dempsey, which has too many
> > historical inaccuracies)

June Pachuta Farris
Bibliographer for Slavic, East
European and Eurasian Studies and