Film terminology in Russian

Boele, O.F. O.F.Boele at LET.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Tue Jul 25 21:22:58 UTC 2006

Dear Seelangers,

I am struggling with the translation of some key concepts and terms used in film analysis. Does anyone know what the correct Russian terms are for "eye-line match"  and "match of/on  action"? When I googled them, I ended up reading lengthy chat sessions on film terminology, which left me with the impression that some Russians themselves feel somewhat insecure about these matters.Are there any reliable dictionaries availble on the internet?

Otto Boele

University of Leiden