Kommunist (Petrograd, 1918)

David Powelstock pstock at BRANDEIS.EDU
Tue Jul 25 22:33:42 UTC 2006

Simon,
Let me add that you mind the "Russkii kur'er" document service useful. Based
in Russia, they offer a range of research and duplication services. I used
them about three years ago and was quite satisfied. (Anyone use them more
recently?) Their url is http://www.edd.ru/. The prices were reasonable back
then, but I have no idea what they are like now.
Regards,
David Powelstock
Asst. Prof. of Russian & East European Literatures
Chair, Program in Russian & East European Studies
Brandeis University
GREA, MS 024
Waltham, MA  02454-9110
781.736.3347 (Office)

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at listserv.cuny.edu] On Behalf Of June Farris
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 10:51 AM
To: SEELANGS at listserv.cuny.edu; SEELANGS at listserv.cuny.edu;
SEELANGS at listserv.cuny.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Kommunist (Petrograd, 1918)

Dear Professor Krysl,

I was able to verify the following:

Kommunist. Organ Peterburg. kom. i Peterbrug. okr.-koma. RKP. (Petrograd)
no. 1 (5 mart 1918)-- no. 11 (19 marta 1918)

holdings:
GBL : 1918: no. 1-3
[Gos. Biblioteka SSSR (Lenin Library), now called Rossiiskaia gos.
biblioteka http://www.rsl.ru/ ]

GPB:  1918, no. 1-11
[Gos. Publichnaia Biblioteka imi. M.E. Saltykova-Shchedrina (Publichka), now
called Rossiiskaia natsional'naia biblioteka http://www.nlr.ru/ ]

VKP:   1918, no. 1
[Vsesoiuznaia knizhnaia palata]

This information was cited in:
Gazety pervykh let sovetskoi vlasti 1917-1922. Moskva: 1990. 3v.
v. 2, item no. 1631 (609), p. 182

Best wishes,
June Farris

At 08:11 AM 7/24/2006, you wrote:
>Dear friends and colleagues,
>I apologize to bother with a query. I have been searching for the
>Soviet newsapaper Kommunist, published in Petrograd in March 1918 (red.
>of Bukharin, Osinskii and Radek, 11 issues, I believe). The
>continuation of the paper (4
>issues) in Moscow later in 1918 is available and has been reprinted: it
>seems that the Petrograd issues are not available in the West. Does
>anyone of you know if that means it is only in Russia (and if, where?)
>or that the newspaper did not survive at all?
>Apologies again and many, many thanks!
>Sincerely yours,
>Simon Krysl
>(Duke University Program in Literature- National Medical Library,
>Prague)

>--

June Pachuta Farris
Bibliographer for Slavic, East