Soviet literature dealing with sport and physical training

Dunja Popovic dpopovic at PRINCETON.EDU
Sat Jul 29 22:05:46 UTC 2006

Hello, everyone!

I am looking for Soviet fiction and poetry from the period 1917-1953
dealing with the theme of sport and physical training. I am interested in
so-called "khudozhestvennaia literatura" -- not non-fiction -- but any
examples of sportswriting done by novelists, poets or playwrights would
also be of interest. I would really appreciate any pointers. Thanks!

-Dunja Popovic

P.S. - If you know of any fiction dealing with a different type of
physical training than that associated with sport -- e.g. with dance or
some kind of work-related bodily training -- I would welcome these tips,
as well.