Soviet literature dealing with sport and physical training

Boele, O.F. O.F.Boele at LET.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Sun Jul 30 10:03:55 UTC 2006

Hi Dunja,

Here are some suggestions:

1. Lev Kassil's "Vratar' respubliki" (a DVD with the 1936 film adaption was released last year).
2. Yuri Olesha's "Zavist', especially the description of the soccer match towards the end of the novel.

Best,
Otto Boele

________________________________

Van: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list namens Dunja Popovic
Verzonden: zo 30-7-2006 0:05
Aan: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Onderwerp: [SEELANGS] Soviet literature dealing with sport and physical training

Hello, everyone!

I am looking for Soviet fiction and poetry from the period 1917-1953
dealing with the theme of sport and physical training. I am interested in=

so-called "khudozhestvennaia literatura" -- not non-fiction -- but any =

examples of sportswriting done by novelists, poets or playwrights would =

also be of interest. I would really appreciate any pointers. Thanks!

-Dunja Popovic

P.S. - If you know of any fiction dealing with a different type of
physical training than that associated with sport -- e.g. with dance or =

some kind of work-related bodily training -- I would welcome these tips, =

as well.