"Lettle Vera" again

Sarah Hurst sarahhurst at ALASKA.NET
Tue Jun 6 21:28:00 UTC 2006

I watched this film about 15 years ago, when I was a teenager and it was
shown in my Russian class in the UK. One thing I don't remember is it being
pornographic. I think as has been mentioned, for Western audiences the sex
scenes were probably very tame and unmemorable. But what I recall is it gave
us a fascinating glimpse of late Soviet society, in a very realistic way. I
don't remember it very well at all and I would like to see it again now, but
perhaps it could be compared to the films of Mike Leigh?

Sarah Hurst