No subject

Renee Stillings | Alinga renee at ALINGA.COM
Thu Jun 15 15:56:24 UTC 2006

There are several visa processing services in DC that continue to do this.
We've had good luck with TDE (http://www.traveldocument.com). And you can
still purchase visa support (invitations) through travel companies.

The trick is registration if you will not stay in a hotel. It is a little
easier in St. Petersburg than Moscow, but basically this should be discussed
clearly with those providing your visa support. Often they have a "solution"
which usually involves paying a hotel to register you for some period -
although usually limited to a month at a time. If an institute issues you
the support, they need to have an address to register you to and you should
clarify this with them. Technically they are responsible for your timely
registration.

You are technically to register any time you are in a city for more than 72
hours (business days), but the main issue is really to have some
registration stamp. You can usually argue that you just got to that city if
you were for some reason stopped for a random document check. More attention
should be paid in more sensitive areas (Norilsk, Sochi, etc.) where at the
airport they might ask where your registration is for that city if can't
prove (by your plane ticket) that you were not there more than 3 days.

But the short answer is that there is no problem to enter via Moscow and
leave via St. Petersburg. A lot of tourists do that as a regular matter of
itinerary.

Renee