Job Opportunity for ABD graduate students

Katherine Lahti katilahti at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 15 16:25:34 UTC 2006

Dear Seelangers,

First let me apolgize if this is a repeat listing. My
colleague Carol Any said she tried to post it but
failed, asked me to, and is now totally Incommunicado
somewhere in California, where she told me she would
be for three weeks. Add onto that some real problems I
had re-signing up for SEELANGS, and chaos ensues.

OK, the deal is we at Trinity college recently lost
our graduate fellow due to an offer for a real job at
another university. The graduate fellow's position is
all about Russian socialization with our students
(Russian table, trips to the Russian neighborhoods in
Hartford, film series, etc.) and a little teaching. Be
warned that we are not at all looking for promising
scholars etc., just a good socializer and teacher.

Every fellow we've had has left us for a real job. The
experience of teaching and the successful integration
of Russian cultural events makes our fellows very
attractive candidates.

The official job description follows.

Cheers!

Katherine Lahti, happy to be back on SEELANGS

JOB OPPORTUNITY

Graduate Fellow in Russian

Trinity College expects to hire a Graduate Fellow in
Russian for 2006-2007.  To be eligible, a candidate
must be a doctoral student who is ABD and working on
the dissertation.  The Fellow teaches one course each
semester and is responsible for a vigorous program of
Russian cultural events on and off campus.  The Fellow
lives on campus in an apartment provided by the
college and in addition receives a stipend of about
$16,900.  Medical benefits are included.  Candidates
wishing further information may leave a voice mail,
including a contact phone number, for Prof. Carol Any
at (860) 297-2169.  Applications, including c.v. and
references, should be addressed to Ms. Rosalie Angelo,
Dept. of Modern Languages and Literature, Trinity
College, 300 Summit St., Hartford, CT 06106.