Job Opportunity for ABD graduate students

Katherine Lahti katilahti at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 19 21:03:50 UTC 2006

Dear Elena,

We have always filled this position with a "rolling
application" process, looking at people until we find
the right person and closing the search when we do.
That means there is no date: the earlier the better or
even "first come, first served." My colleague, Carol
Any, is not returning until June 26, so you might want
to aim for that date as we will start discussing the
candidates as soon as she returns.

You do need a c.v. and an introduction letter
explaining what  you can bring to the job. Remember
that since this is a job that is comprised entirely of
teaching and Russian social events, you need to let us
know of your experience and strengths in those areas.
Two or three recommendations is the norm. Most
recommenders write about the candidate's scholarship,
but again we are not really interested in that. My
advice is that you keep in mind what kind of job this
is and gather materials that support your candidacy
for it.

I hope this answers your questions. FYI I am including
the official description. Be sure to ask if you have
any other questions.

Regards,

Katherine

JOB OPPORTUNITY

Graduate Fellow in Russian

Trinity College expects to hire a Graduate Fellow in
Russian for 2006-2007.  To be eligible, a candidate
must be a doctoral student who is ABD and working on
the dissertation.  The Fellow teaches one course each
semester and is responsible for a vigorous program of
Russian cultural events on and off campus.  The Fellow
lives on campus in an apartment provided by the
college and in addition receives a stipend of about
$16,900.  Medical benefits are included.  Candidates
wishing further information may leave a voice mail,
including a contact phone number, for Prof. Carol Any
at (860) 297-2169.  Applications, including c.v. and
references, should be addressed to Ms. Rosalie Angelo,
Dept. of Modern Languages and Literature, Trinity
College, 300 Summit St., Hartford, CT 06106.