looking for a Russian edition of "Varieties of Religious Experience"

Ernest Sjogren esjogren at NC.RR.COM
Fri Jun 23 02:31:47 UTC 2006

> the Russian translation of William James's *The Varieties of Religious Experience,*  translated in 1910 and reprinted in the 1990s.

Here is a lead, although I have never bought books by this method and so cannot say if it is reliable or not.

http://www.alib.ru/

which looks to be a Russian online used book search engine/database, such as abebooks.com or bookfinder.com in English, lists a few copies.  Search on the book tile in the 'Poisk' box on the right.  I think your friend would deal directly with the bookseller that owns the copy desired.

There is an online copy here, among other places, that seems complete:

http://psylib.org.ua/books/james01/index.htm

A www.google.ru search for the book's title will find many "hits'; other copies of the book may be offered for sale on these webpages.

Ernie Sjogren