Identify a Russian story

Vladimir Shatsev shatsev at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 28 15:27:11 UTC 2006

It sounds a bit like Chekhov comical sketch SVADBA (The Marriage or maybe
The Bridal feast in translation ) of 1902. This sketch is a version of
Chekhonte's early short-story SVADBA S GENERALOM(The Marriage with a
General). There is a lot of people's stupidity in the beginning of the play
and story  as well as compassion in the end.

Vladimir Shatsev