Russian Postcolonial Poetry

Nina Shevchuk n_shevchuk at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 9 14:42:08 UTC 2006

Dear Colleagues:

  I am working on post-soviet poetry and Ukrainian post-soviet/colonial poetry in particular. In my thinking and research I hypothethize that both Ukraine (the colony) and Russia (the metropoly for the purposes of the post-con analysis) in the wake of USSR's demise were re-imagining their national identities, specifically in poetry. While I'm quite satisfied with the evidence I have from my Ukrainian sources, I am not familiar enough with Russian post-soviet poetry to come readily with poets who contributed to this re-imagining along national, Christian, or any other lines. Could you help me by suggesting a couple of writers whose poetry I could find on the internet? (I already checked WorldCat and other orthodox sources (pun intended)). Thank you all very much in advance.

  Best,

  Nina Shevchuk-Murray