Sad End of Kamkin Bookstore

Scatton, Linda lscatton at ETS.ORG
Tue Mar 21 14:30:57 UTC 2006

Fellow Slavists -
Yesterday, purely by chance since I'm no longer regularly purchasing
books in Russian, I learned of the horrible demise of Kamkin Books in
Maryland.  It was shocking to see a picture of books dumped out like
trash and to read that there had been no way to salvage much of the
Kamkin inventory.   A follow up report says the Russian Embassy is
trying to rescue some of the books.  I don't recall seeing any mention
of this on SEELANGS, so thought I would alert subscribers to this very
disturbing turn of events.  For those who are located nearby, perhaps
there is some way to help make sure that the books find their way to
grateful readers.  See these website reports:
http://gazette.net/stories/021506/montnew203830_31948.shtml

http://www.gazette.net/stories/031006/polia%20s194406_31957.shtml

Linda Scatton
______________________
Linda H. Scatton, Ph.D.
Director, Policy Evaluation and Research Center Educational Testing
Service Rosedale Road, M/S 01-R Princeton, New Jersey 08541
tel: 609.734.5637    fax: 609.734.5960
email: <lscatton at ets.org>
http://www.ets.org/research/perc/index.html

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information.
It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly.
If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute,
or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from
your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.