National Security Language Initiative

Inna Caron caron.4 at OSU.EDU
Tue Mar 21 14:39:01 UTC 2006

No, and when I asked someone in top administration whether this
initiative means that the departments that offer instruction in the five
critical languages will be getting additional funding, the answer was
"None that we know of."

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of Josh Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:41 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] National Security Language Initiative

Dear Colleagues,

I was asked today a question to which I can't find the answer.  The
National Security Language Initiative is supposed to create "incentives
to study (Russian)."  However, there doesn't seem to be information
online about how this money is supposed to get in the hands of students.
Anyone know how this money is actually being distributed?

Josh Wilson
Asst. Director and Gen. Editor
The School of Russian and Asian Studies
www.sras.org