translation question

Peter Morley pete.morley at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 23 06:42:43 UTC 2006

In this case - assuming its for a written translation and not just a general
vocab enquiry - I would suggest it would also be more than acceptable just
to transliterate kormlenie, given that the explanation that follows is
fairly comprehensive. This would solve the problem quite neatly, I would
have thought.

On the funny translations side, recent ones that spring to mind were
"landing places" (for posadochniye mesta) and the persistent use of
"refuelling" on a restaurant menu (for zapravka).

PM