Sorting Russian Word Lists in MS Word

Vanchu, Anthony J. (JSC-AH)[TTI] anthony.j.vanchu at NASA.GOV
Mon Mar 27 23:15:37 UTC 2006

Michael,

That was all good advice, and I think it helped me to figure out what my
problem is (and that it's ultimately unsolvable with what I have).

I'm creating a vocabulary for a Chekhov short story.  For my students, I
used a font program that enables stress marks (Fingertip Software's
Russian Keyboard).  When I try to change back from their font (Timesse
Russ) to something like Times New Roman, some of the characters come up
as jibberish.  I suspect that this is what's gumming up the works.  I'm
too far into this project as it is to change things around, so it looks
like I'll be slogging my way through the list to straighten things up.

Apparently, if I buy another product and convert everything to Unicode,
it might work.  But I'm probably not going to do that just for this
project.

BTW, I never knew about the feature you mentioned.  Thanks for pointing
that out!

Best,
Tony