Sorting Russian Word Lists in MS Word

Tue Mar 28 00:26:02 UTC 2006

Jozef Filipiak wrote:

> Tony,
>
> I don't know how much of a pain it would be at this
> point in your work to contemplate changes, but I've
> used a different method for stress marking when coming
> up with the diacritics seemed unlikely.  I put the
> accented syllable in boldface font.  Students seemed
> to like it.

That might be a good intermediate stage for Tony:

1) Convert accented "a" to bold "a," accented "ye" to bold "ye," etc.

2) Sort per standard procedure (Word will ignore the bolding for sorting
purposes).

3) Convert bold "a" to accented "a," bold "ye" to accented "ye," etc.

Of course, all this assumes you've resolved the code-page issue.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com