Psychoanalysis and my senior thesis

Inna Caron caron.4 at OSU.EDU
Tue Mar 28 22:04:11 UTC 2006

Dear Chris and Deborah -

First of all, you guys are great for being so supportive and protective
of the aspiring undergrads. But I also know of several other people here
who respond to virtually every undergraduate inquiry - often off-list -
so let's just save this topic for another discussion, as it probably
merits one.

Second, I am not a professor, and as far as I know, neither is Evgeny.
He mentioned working on his dissertation in regards to Vronsky's
finances. I am also working on mine while teaching undergraduate
classes, and as a scholar and a teacher I would never make fun of
curious and inspired students - either mine or someone else's. I believe
most people on this list wouldn't.

Now, with those disclaimers made, I want to narrow this down to one
single point: it seems that the John Reed/John Vit post was in jest, and
as such it evoked a jocular response. Frankly, the fact that the author
has picked The Igor Tale causes me to suspect intentional fallacy :)
If, however, it was in earnest, and John (whatever his last name is)
finds our comments offensive, I'll be quick to apologize.

Let's just ask the author to come out and speak for himself.

Best regards,

Inna Caron