Query about film

Marina Levitina mlevitina at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun May 7 09:13:08 UTC 2006

Dear Professor Kononenko,

In addition to Prof. Hill's insightful email about Parajanov's "Shadows of
Forgotten Ancestors", other films using elements of folklore that come
immediately to mind are the "fairy tale films" directed by Alexandr Rou,
such as "Morozko"(1964), "Varvara-krasa dlinnaja kosa" (1969), "Ogon', voda
i... mednye truby" (1968), "Marya Iskusnitsa" (1960), "Kaschej Bessmertnyj"
(1944), "Konyok-gorbunok" (1941), "Vasilisa prekrasnaja" (1939), and "Po
schuchjemu veleniju" (1938).

All the best,

Marina Levitina
Ph.D. candidate, Trinity University Dublin