Benvenuto Cellini

Janneke van de Stadt Janneke.vandeStadt at WILLIAMS.EDU
Mon May 15 17:49:49 UTC 2006

Dear Colleagues,

I am trying to get some background on Russian reception of Benvenuto
Cellini, especially in early 20th century Art Historic circles.  I
know that his "Vita" had been translated in 1904, but any insight or
direction as to where I might look, in terms of Russian scholarship
on Italian sculpture and goldsmithing generally, or Cellini in
particular,  would be deeply appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Janneke