Suggestions?

Maryna Vinarska vinarska at YAHOO.COM
Thu May 18 21:55:56 UTC 2006

Emily Saunders <emilka at MAC.COM> wrote: I would second this suggestion.  I've seen a copy of the book and the
illustrations by Genadij Spirin are amazing.  My friend's 7 year-old
loves it (and it wasn't even me who gave it to her -- it was her
grandfather who has no affiliation with anything Russian or Slavic, but
has a nose for good children's books, no pun intended).
.................................... I thought he was kidding. You know, no one wants to leave that poor "nose" alone... It's a disaster with that "nose"...
Didn't you try to find our old cartoons at where you are. They are great. I mean very very old cartoons released, I suppose, in 60ies and 70ies. There are many cartoons based on fairy tales, on those you mentioned too. And it could be much more interesting for kids. Old cartoons are simply amazing. Real masterpieces. Try to check in Russian stores if you have any in the area. They usually have a movie collection, so maybe they have cartoons too.
Good luck with promoting Russian studies!
MV