Stalinka

goscilo goscilo+ at PITT.EDU
Fri Nov 3 07:46:04 UTC 2006

Dear SEELANGers,

Those of you who have been using Stalinka for your courses (or indirectly
for publications) may find it useful to check our site again, for we have
just added approx. 30 images.  Everyone else, please delete!

that though we have obtained legal permission to reproduce the various
images on our site, we have no rights to them independently of the site,
which is a non-profit educational source.  Anyone interested in acquiring
rights to reproduction in books, articles, etc. should consult the
information about ownership provided in our metadata.  To quote Monty
Python (edited): "We got the rights, but we ain't got rights for you..."
(alas).

Most individuals who allowed us to reproduce items in their private
collections explicitly stated their unwillingness to enter into financial
negotiations for publishing rights, and we do not function as mediators in
such circumstances--or any others, for that matter.  Rights to repros of
posters may be obtained through the Russian National Library (Leninka). Our
goal is to enhance teaching in the classroom, and we are gratified at the
generous response of the many colleagues who, according to the Digital
Library at Pitt, are regularly using the site.  We plan to add more items
in the months to come.

Helena Goscilo
for the Stalinka trio: Susan Corbesero, Petre Petrov, and HG