SEELANGS Digest - 10 Nov 2006 to 11 Nov 2006 (#2006-378)

Elizabeth Krizenesky Krizenesky at AOL.COM
Sun Nov 12 05:35:12 UTC 2006

For homemade slivovitz, you are best off with the small, not so sweet plums
that are very flavorful.  I wish I knew the botanical name for
them........Anyway, you wash a quart of them, add two cups of sugar and four cups of vodka to
them in a jar with a top that does not have to be airtight.  For the first
week check daily and stir to get the sugar incorporated faster.  After the sugar
is dissolved, leave the whole thing in a dark, cool place for a couple of
months.  Pit the plums AFTER they have macerated to your satisfaction.  And don't
throw the baby out with the bathwater....eat the plums!

Betsy Krizenesky
Lawrence University, Appleton, Wisconsin

In a message dated 11/11/2006 11:28:09 PM Central Standard Time,