Panel for 07 AAASS Conference

Adrian Wanner ajw3 at PSU.EDU
Mon Nov 27 02:25:50 UTC 2006

Dear SEELANGERS,
I am thinking of organizing a panel for the 2007 AAASS Conference in
New Orleans (November 15-18) with the tentative title "Contested
Identities: Russian Literature as a Transnational Phenomenon."  What
I have in mind are writers who challenge the imagined geography of a
unified national literature, e.g., non-Russians writing in Russian,
or Russians writing in languages other than Russian.
Please drop me a line (off list) if you are interested in
participating, either with a paper or as discussant or panel chair.
Adrian Wanner
Adrian J. Wanner
Head, Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures
Professor of Russian and Comparative Literature
The Pennsylvania State University
313 Burrowes Building
University Park, PA 16802

Tel. (814) 865-5481