Violence and intimacy amongst thieves and bandits

Professor Marina Balina mbalina at IWU.EDU
Tue Nov 28 23:39:52 UTC 2006

Dear Sandra,
 What about Lev Sheinin's "Zapiski sledovatelia"? He was describing the
criminal world in great details. Anton Makarenko has also interesting
remarks on this issue in his  "Pedagogicheskaia poema", however, this
is more about delinquents (besprizorniki).
Best,
 Marina Balina

Sandra Evans wrote:

>Dear SEELANGerS:
>
>I would greatly appreciate your assistance in finding Russian literary
works
>that deal with issues concerning violence and intimacy amongst "vory v
>zakone" or other criminal groupings, in or out of prison.
>
>Thank you kindly in advance.
>
>Sandra Evans
>Slavic Seminar
>Universitaet Tuebingen