Crimes of Passion in Russian Literature - one more

Inna Caron caron.4 at OSU.EDU
Thu Nov 30 16:56:20 UTC 2006

Lermontov, Bela

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of Sara Stefani
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 8:00 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Crimes of Passion in Russian Literature (19-21
centuries)

Also for Zamyatin, see his "The Islanders" (Ostrovitjane). The same
theme
appears in his short story "Alatyr'" although the rival isn't killed,
but just
threatened. Same thing in "We" - D-503 doesn't kill anyone but he is so
overcome by jealousy and lust that he more or less tries to attack
I-330.

ss