Readings about Contemporary Russia

Jenny Carr jennifercarr at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Thu Oct 5 14:30:52 UTC 2006

Richard Sakwa "Russian Politics and Society", Routledge 2002

Jenny Carr

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjamin Rifkin" <benjamin.rifkin at TEMPLE.EDU>
To: <SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 3:02 PM
Subject: [SEELANGS] Readings about Contemporary Russia

Dear Colleagues:

I am trying to track down a reference to works about contemporary Russian
society.  All I have is the name Sawka and the chapter titles ³Marketising
the Economy² and ³Cultural Transformation.²  From the spelling of the first,
I assume I am looking for a work published in Britain, Canada, NZ, or
Australia.  I am also trying to find a book by Gould with chapter titles
³The Apartment,² ³On Landlords,² ³The Dispossessed,² ³The Homeless,² ³The
New Rich,² and ³Chechnya.²

I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Thank you.

Ben Rifkin
--
Benjamin Rifkin
Professor of Russian and Vice Dean for Undergraduate Affairs