KFLC--Call for Abstracts

Rebecca S. Katz r-katz at MOREHEAD-ST.EDU
Thu Oct 12 14:05:55 UTC 2006

Cynthia,

HI, how are you? I'm well.

Do you know of other programs available this summer to go to Russia throuhg UK,
that are relatively less expensive than the Cosmopolitan program?

Best,
becky

P.S. I'm really enjoying the Russian class.

Quoting "Cynthia A. Ruder" <raeruder at UKY.EDU>:

> 60th KENTUCKY FOREIGN LANGUAGE CONFERENCE	(PLEASE CIRCULATE TO ALL
> INTERESTED COLLEAGUES)
> 19-21 APRIL 2007
> UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
> LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY
>
> www.uky.edu/AS/KFLC
>
> Colleagues:
> 	After a two-year hiatus the Russian/Slavic panels at the Kentucky
> Foreign Language Conference have returned!  For those of you who have
> attended in the past you know that the Conference offers a wonderful
> venue for sharing ideas with colleagues in a welcoming, open forum.
> Lexington is at its best in April, and the conference promises a
> wealth of panels and activities to suit a variety of intellectual
> interests.  What's more, you can enjoy all the best elements of a
> multidisciplinary/multi-language  conference in an inviting and
> tranquil setting!  (Plus, for those of you who might be racing fans
> the Spring meet at Keeneland Racetrack will be taking place and
> include races that are the prelude to the Kentucky Derby!)  Please
> join us!
>
> We invite submissions for the following panels:
>
> Russian/Slavic Language Pedagogy--Presentations can focus on any
> element of language pedagogy including heritage learners, technology
> in the classroom, innovative materials--anything that relates to
> language instruction in the Slavic languages.  If you are a textbook
> author and would like to introduce new materials, consider doing it
> at the KFLC!
>
> Russian/Slavic Music--Abstracts are welcome on ANY area of Russian/
> Slavic music.  Potential topics include, but are not limited to,
> musicology, performance, musical motifs/themes in literature, folk
> music, popular music, avant-garde music, indeed any musical
> expression in Russian/Slavic culture from any period.  We hope to
> include a guest concert as part of the Slavic session activities
> during the conference.  If you know of colleagues who are scholars of
> Russian/Slavic music, but are not Slavists per se, please feel free
> to share this Call for Abstracts with them.
>
> One-page abstracts are welcome from colleagues in any field and at
> any rank.  We encourage graduate students to participate.
>
> ABSTRACTS:
> 	Please submit a one-page abstract to Cynthia Ruder at raeruder at uky.edu.
> 	DEADLINE:  30 November 2006  (Note that the official deadline for
> submission of abstracts on the KFLC site is 15 November.  However,
> given that the AAASS and ACTFL fall immediately after that date, we
> have opted to extend the submission deadline until 30 November.)
>
> We look forward to welcoming you to Lexington.  Join us for what
> promises to be an intellectually invigorating and enjoyable
> conference.  Please direct any questions to Cynthia Ruder at
> raeruder at uky.edu.
>

> Cynthia A. Ruder
> raeruder at uky.edu

Rebecca S. Katz
Associate Professor
Department of Sociology, Social Work, and Criminology
Morehead State University
Morehead, Kentucky 40351
Tel: 606-783-2241