Teaching Russian to a Dyslexic student

Laura Kline klinela at COMCAST.NET
Sun Oct 15 16:34:32 UTC 2006

Dear Kathryn,
Thank you so much! I never would have imagined color would make such a
difference.
Best,
Laura

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of (Kathryn Ambrose)
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 10:34 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Teaching Russian to a Dyslexic student

Dear Laura

I have never taught Russian to a dyslexic student, but I have taught German

to dyslexics in my previous job as a secondary school teacher. One thing
that
really seemed to work was placing transparent coloured paper over texts
(blue, green or purple seemed to work best); I don't know why, but the
pupils
consequently found it much easier to read the texts. Another  student I had
used
to wear glasses with green lenses, which had much the same  effect.

Hope this helps!

Kathryn Ambrose
Postgraduate Research student
Keele University