KFLC--Second Call for Abstracts,

Cynthia A. Ruder raeruder at UKY.EDU
Tue Oct 17 21:00:42 UTC 2006

60th KENTUCKY FOREIGN LANGUAGE CONFERENCE	(PLEASE CIRCULATE TO ALL
INTERESTED COLLEAGUES)
19-21 APRIL 2007
UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY

www.uky.edu/AS/KFLC

Colleagues:
	After a two-year hiatus the Russian/Slavic panels at the Kentucky
Foreign Language Conference have returned!  For those of you who have
attended in the past you know that the Conference offers a wonderful
venue for sharing ideas with colleagues in a welcoming, open forum.
Lexington is at its best in April, and the conference promises a
wealth of panels and activities to suit a variety of intellectual
interests.  What's more, you can enjoy all the best elements of a
multidisciplinary/multi-language  conference in an inviting and
tranquil setting!  (Plus, for those of you who might be racing fans
the Spring meet at Keeneland Racetrack will be taking place and
include races that are the prelude to the Kentucky Derby!)  Please
join us!

We invite submissions for the following panels:

Russian/Slavic Language Pedagogy--Presentations can focus on any
element of language pedagogy including heritage learners, technology
in the classroom, innovative materials--anything that relates to
language instruction in the Slavic languages.  If you are a textbook
author and would like to introduce new materials, consider doing it
at the KFLC!

Russian/Slavic Music--Abstracts are welcome on ANY area of Russian/
Slavic music.  Potential topics include, but are not limited to,
musicology, performance, musical motifs/themes in literature, folk
music, popular music, avant-garde music, indeed any musical
expression in Russian/Slavic culture from any period.  We hope to
include a guest concert as part of the Slavic session activities
during the conference.  If you know of colleagues who are scholars of
Russian/Slavic music, but are not Slavists per se, please feel free
to share this Call for Abstracts with them.

One-page abstracts are welcome from colleagues in any field and at
any rank.  We encourage graduate students to participate.

ABSTRACTS:
	Please submit a one-page abstract to Cynthia Ruder at raeruder at uky.edu.
	DEADLINE:  30 November 2006  (Note that the official deadline for
submission of abstracts on the KFLC site is 15 November.  However,
given that the AAASS and ACTFL fall immediately after that date, we
have opted to extend the submission deadline until 30 November.)

We look forward to welcoming you to Lexington.  Join us for what
promises to be an intellectually invigorating and enjoyable
conference.  Please direct any questions to Cynthia Ruder at
raeruder at uky.edu.

Cynthia A. Ruder
raeruder at uky.edu