Pushkin text problem: Kapitanskaya dochka

A Smith Alexandra.Smith at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Thu Oct 19 06:29:41 UTC 2006

Dear Robert,

The only correct version is used pod shapkoiu-- it's very common for peasants,
soldiers, etc. to carry smth. tucked inside their caps. I've seen this gesture
in numerous Russian films...I would imagine that the text implies a folded note
or letter..

All best,
Sasha