Pushkin text problem: Kapitanskaya dochka

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Thu Oct 19 07:09:23 UTC 2006

Dear Sasha (and all)

I am almost convinced - but you don't quite answer my original doubt about
this reading: ' I can imagine that someone might carry a letter tucked UNDER
his cap, but then how would an onlooker be able to see this?'

Best Wishes,

Robert