student needs to take physics class abroad

Renee Stillings | Alinga renee at ALINGA.COM
Fri Oct 27 22:14:32 UTC 2006

I can think of two options that we have arranged for students:

1. Moscow Power Engineering Institute offers a BS in Computer Engineering in
English and there may be within that a physics class. Language and
literature then could be an option within their Russian for Foreigners
courses.

2. St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University can cover the language, lit
and culture easily enough, most within the framework of their regular
programming for foreigners. Physics could either be part of their
preparatory courses (which would probably put it at a Physics 101/102 level
as it is intended to bring foreign student to the level of a Russian high
school grad on that subject) or they can arrange individual instruction if
it is more specialized. We currently have a student there doing this, except
that instead of physics she is taking two advanced math courses (with an
English-speaking professor)

I have assumed here that the interest is in physics being taught in English.
If your student is an advanced speaker of Russian, of course there would be
more possibilities.

Renee
(www.sras.org)