Seeking a Czech or Hungarian librarian

Michele Pixa michele_pixa at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 31 15:17:55 UTC 2006

We are two American library school students based in
San Jose, California. We are taking a class called
International & Comparative Librarianship, and we have
a major project involving the study of librarianship
in a foreign country. My partner and I have chosen the
Czech Republic and Hungary. Part of our project requires an email
or phone interview with an information professional
based in Czech Republic or Hungary. We are especially interested
in the following topics:

- academic librarianship pre-1989
and post-1989 (automation and technical services,
collection development)

- balance of digital and print (traditional) resources

-colloboration you have with other libraries or
countries

- projects funded by grants by the European Union, Mellon Foundation, Open Society Institute or
other organizations

- library science education for the training of
librarians

- anything the librarian wishes to speak about,
his/her daily work and responsibilities or issues s/he
feels is important

The interview would be done over email or phone (our
cost of course) and should not take more than an hour.

We hope you can help us find an interested participant
who is willing to colloborate in the interest of
international understanding.

For your information, here is the website of our
school:
http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/

It is the biggest library school in the USA with 2000
students, and it is ranked #1 in the USA for distance
learning.

Please contact me off-list -- michele_pixa at yahoo.com

Thank you very much,

Michele Pixa