Translator/Translation Agency

Josh Wilson jwilson at ALINGA.COM
Tue Sep 12 12:39:20 UTC 2006

I'm sure this question has been asked many times before, but -

Can anyone recommend a good translation agency?

We need one that can do Russian to English - if they can do English to
Russian, all the better.  The workload would be a fairly constant 10 pages
per month of news articles and 0-20 pages (or so) per month of various
documents, web pages, etc. This would require some knowledge of business and
finance terms.

Likewise, perhaps some of you know upperclassman or graduate students that
might be interested in making some extra cash for this?  They don't have to
be spot-on translations, just get the idea and relevant details into clear,
readable English.

One last question - what do you consider a fair rate for professional
native-English-speaking translator?  Replies on or off list will be
appreciated.

Josh Wilson

Asst. Director

The School of Russian and Asian Studies

Editor-in-Chief

Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies

www.sras.org

jwilson at sras.org