"Rare" Russian books

Peter Scotto pscotto at MTHOLYOKE.EDU
Mon Sep 25 16:27:10 UTC 2006

I am sorry, but as someone who has worked in the book business, most of these
books cannot be described as "rare." They may be eminently desirable for other
reasons, but to describe them as "rare" is an abuse of the term as it is
generally understood.

A first complete edition of Eugene Onegin is rare; these at very best, some the
books listed here may be "scarce" or "hard to find", but some are entiurely common.

Peter Scotto
Mount Holyoke College
(formerly of Holmes Book Company, Oakland, California)