Summer volunteer internship or teaching?

N. Condee condee at PITT.EDU
Tue Sep 26 14:04:50 UTC 2006

I am looking into language and internship opportunities for my 21-year-old
daughter who has basic Russian skills and would like to do summer volunteer
work, such as language teaching or summer-camp work, in conjunction with
improving her Russian skills.  I have been looking in particular at two
programs:

1. Miramed Summer Volunteer Program in Kostroma
http://www.miramedinstitute.org/  and

2. Cosmopolitan in Novosibirsk, which runs an International Summer Language
Camp.

Any comments, counter-suggestions, recommendations, etc. would be welcome.
I may be reached off list at condee+ at pitt.edu.  Thanks!

Prof. Nancy Condee, Director

Graduate Program for Cultural Studies

2206 Posvar Hall