AATSEEL 2007

mrojavi1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU mrojavi1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU
Wed Apr 4 21:16:06 UTC 2007

Dear ALL,

I'm organizing a panel for AATSEEL 2007 in Chicago (Dec. 27-
30) entitled  “Grammatical gender as a source of
metaphorical thinking.”

Here is the Panel Description: This panel will discuss the
significance of grammatical gender in the formation of
aesthetic perceptions. As a formal category, grammatical
gender in Slavic languages can be a source of metaphor in
poetry and folklore; it can also be a starting point for
lingua-cultural stereotypes, myths, and idols, etc.

If someone is intersted in participation at this panel,
please send me your abstracts and I will submit them by
April 15. Please, let me know if you would like to
participate in this panel but can't submit an abstract by
this date. We can do it in August, however, I need to know
who will be participanting.

Send you emails and abstracts to Marina Rojavin

mrojavin at temple.edu

With warm regards,
Marina