Audio for "Penguin Russian Course"

Margaret Anne Samu margaret.samu at NYU.EDU
Fri Apr 13 15:13:17 UTC 2007

Does anyone know of an audio CD for Nicholas J. Brown's text, "The New Penguin Russian Course: A Complete Course for Beginners"--?

The text is sold without any audio component--I was just wondering in anyone has been resourceful enough to make his or her own (if it's legal), since the text comes highly recommended by people who have used it.

This is for my fiance, who is trying to get started in Russian before joining me for a year in St Petersburg.  I can help him, but the audio drills would be helpful for him to practice pronunciation and listening.

If anyone has other suggestions on audio drills for a beginner, I would be interested to hear your advice.  I have gone to the SEELANGS archive to check the recent string about online tutorials--so no need to repeat advice about Nachalo online, Golosa online, ACTR online,  or eleason.com--but am especially interested to find out about advice on accompaniment for NJ Brown's text.

Please feel free to reply off-list, as this subject is probably not of general interest to most SEELANGers.  Thanks for your advice.

Margaret

Margaret Samu
Ph.D. Candidate in Art History
Silberberg Lecture Series Coordinator 2006-7
Institute of Fine Arts, NYU
1 East 78th Street
New York, NY  10021