Тузик и Грелка

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Tue Apr 17 23:39:12 UTC 2007

Порвать как Тузик грелку.

Тузик — is a dog, I would think a small dog based on its name. Words
of the same root — тузить (1p sg is absent)
Грелка — is a hot water bottle (made of rubber, I would think)

I'd like to know how Shakespeare fits there, maybe metaphorically.

On Apr 17, 2007, at 7:21 PM, Sarah Hurst wrote:

> Can anyone explain to me the meaning of the phrase <Тузик и Грелка>?
>

> I'm doing a translation that uses it in a metaphorical sense, and
> I've found
> on Google that it might refer to a Shakespeare play title, is that
> possible?

Alina Israeli
LFS, American University
4400 Massachusetts Ave., NW